Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wha...??? Where did the time go?? It's just slipping from me like sand sifting through my hands. This blog has been so dead, it makes a mockery of the title I gave it. Maybe I'm just plain lazy, but I can't imagine how people can blog so regularly when all I want to do after coming home from work is just sit back, relax and spend some time with my family before going to bed to rest for the next day.

But things are looking up now. I'm going back to the polyclinic after 2 years of training in the hospital, and while it's not exactly serene and tranquil there, the madness at least ends at 5-6 pm every weekday, 1 pm on Saturday, and we get offs on every Sunday and public holiday. No more getting pre-call depression, and having to slog through the night after having slogged through the day, and then slogging through the next day. People talk about the nobility of the profession, but I can tell you, calls bring out the worst in us. I have so many things to say about the call system in the hospital, but what the hey, I'm getting out of there, so I'm not going to gripe anymore. Wahahaha.

My daughter is growing up well, and she's getting more adorable by the day. Here's a recent pic:





Got more pics of her in my facebook account. My wife is pregnant with our second child, and we're busy preparing for his arrival. We're really excited, and I can only offer a piece of advice to those not really keen on children, based on my experience: Don't miss out. It's such a special feeling watching your kid grow, gaining understanding, interacting with you, with the environment more and more, it's just amazing. Furthermore, in the midst of the economic uncertainty, and seemingly bad news upon bad news, having a wonderful family to come home to gives me an anchor that allows me to withstand the storms of life.
Alright, that's about that for now. I'm gonna try and come back soon, if there's still any of you out there reading this.

No comments: